Saturday, April 19, 2008

What (Who) am (I)

What makes me- 'Me?' Is it my talents? My thoughts? My politics? My viewpoints? My faith? My religion? My love? My hate? My size? My friends? My enemies? My family? My successes? My failures? My clothes? My job? My possessions? My money?

Who am I? What am I? If I was to meet myself in some obscure situation, would I even be recognized?

Every person I meet think they know me. They see me and say "Ah, that's Chris, he's a(n)." The funny thing is, I see too many people base their lives on other people's 'perception.' "I'm cool because they said I was." "I'm attractive because they think I am." What if you lived without human contact? What if we all became 'Helen Keller's' and no one could see or hear others? Would we die?

Would I die?

No comments: